We believe that…
- Information is one of the world’s most valuable commodities, and
- The consensual sharing of information fuels progress and the creation of knowledge, and
- Advances in technology and information digitization have vastly accelerated information sharing and communications in a very positive way,
- it was unforeseen that one of the world’s most valuable commodities would become exceedingly vulnerable to theft and misuse because of digitization and advances in technology.
- Today’s reality is that professional and personal information is exchanged every day, all the time, without our knowledge and without our consent.
- Some of this information can be very personal, private, confidential and valuable and access to it by unauthorised persons and its misuse can be destructive to personal lives and to corporate value.
- Continuous advances in technology and information digitization should not mean living in fear of not knowing who is accessing our information and why.
- Because information is one of the world’s most valuable commodities, it deserves to benefit from advances in technology rather than becoming a victim of it.